BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/SALES MANAGER
The opportunity exits to join Vector Laboratories Ltd in Peterborough, Cambs as an ambitious and energetic Business Development/Sales Manager.
Business development professional with biomedical or life sciences training to create and drive the company’s sales strategy, expand clientele and deliver sustainable growth. Develop and implement sales and marketing campaigns, identify new sales leads, pitch products and maintain productive relationships with existing and new customers.
Education & Experience:
Degree in life sciences (minimum) plus at least 10 years’ experience marketing or selling life science tools/reagents to the research community. A demonstrated track record of success in driving business growth using innovative sales and marketing programs and campaigns. Advanced degree or MBA would be an advantage.
Responsibilities & Activities:
· Maintain and develop productive relationships with existing customers to grow long term successful business relationships.
· Research organisations to find and connect with new customers and decision makers therein.
· Contact key customers & prospects (sales visits, email or phone) to negotiate and build positive customer relationships.
· Determine Vector’s needs and work with technical and marketing team to plan proposals to drive growth.
· Establish and report on sales and business development targets.
· Attend industry events/conferences to identify market trends and provide feedback on customer and competitor activities.
· Promote & procure sales opportunities and effective customer relationship management.
· Develop new opportunities for bulk/custom/OEM business
Skills, interests & qualities:
Must have strong communication and IT skills, attention to detail, be socially adept, creative and good at problem solving. An in-depth knowledge of the life science industry and its current dynamics and events. The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines and sales targets. Strong sales and negotiation techniques, team working and leadership skills are required. Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
Please send covering letter and CV to: email@example.com