Barema Association Manager
• CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17:00 Friday 16th October 2015
• SALARY: £38-40k
• DURATION: Permanent
• ORGANISATION: Barema, the Trade Association for Anaesthetic and Respiratory Device Suppliers
• JOB TITLE: Association Manager
• REPORTING TO: Barema Chair, or, in their absence, to the Deputy Chair and Council members
• HOURS OF WORK: Full time
• PLACE OF WORK: The role holder would work from home, and be expected to travel to meetings in London and elsewhere, mostly in the UK.
Barema was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit association to bring together companies that manufacture or supply anaesthetic and respiratory equipment in or to the UK.
Barema now represents around 70% of the sector, enabling the sector as a whole to influence policy, instantly respond to changing demands in patient care, and work in partnership with the medical profession, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders to maintain its enviable reputation for exceptionally high levels of quality, safety, reliability and innovation.
Providing patients with the best possible anaesthetic and respiratory equipment is what lies at the heart of Barema.
Key roles and responsibilities
The responsibility of the Association Manager is to facilitate execution of Barema’s mission and objectives (see http://www.barema.org.uk/content/about-us). The Association Manager works alongside the Barema Council and in partnership with the Chair to continuously assess and develop these objectives such that they best meet the needs of member companies.
In order to carry out the role, responsibilities are to manage:
• Development of Barema’s strategic priorities
• Execution of Barema’s strategic priorities
• Relationships with members of Barema
• Relationships with external stakeholders of Barema
• Ensure the correct administration of the association and its membership activities including:
• Event management - including promotion, programming, and budgeting
• Organisation of internal meetings, including those for Council, General meetings and Special Interest Groups
• Internal member communications: Bulletins, Clinica Digests, updates and reports
• External communications: corporate identity, web design and management, social media
• Recruitment of new Barema members
• Records of the association, including minuting of meetings
For example, the role holder’s activities would include:
• Presenting and representing Barema at meetings and exhibitions, and at groups such as the Association of British Healthcare Industries, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency Stakeholder Group and Eurom VI
• Providing the main point of contact for all enquiries to Barema, e.g. member companies, potential members, bodies such as NHS Supply Chain, credentialing companies, professional societies, and members of the public
• Troubleshooting on behalf of Barema by dealing with problems before they arise - addressing criticisms, ensuring high member engagement, and staying abreast of issues relevant to Barema membership
• Being a source of knowledge and advice
• Raising the profile of Barema and champions the Association’s objectives
It is expected that the successful applicant will have:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (essential)
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills (essential)
• Proven project and budgetary management experience (essential)
• Extensive experience of setting, implementing and achieving goals to time and budget (essential)
• Knowledge of the medical devices and healthcare sectors (desirable)
• Not-for-profit and/or membership organisation experience (desirable)
Qualifications and experience
• Good educational background and professional development record
• Good office software and website skills
For further information or to apply for this post please contact email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter and a full CV and be sent for the attention of the Chair and Council of Barema.
Closing date for applications – 17:00 16th October 2015
Date Posted: 01/10/15