Technical Director – Philips Home Clinical Monitoring
Philips are currently looking for a Technical Director to direct and lead complex, integral projects, from initial phase until introduction into the market for our Home Clinical Monitoring business. This role would suit someone with a life sciences background who is able to identify and work with external technology partners, ideally with experience gained within a healthcare/regulated product industry.
Philips is focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. Our aim is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. We are undergoing an exciting transformation globally from a consumer and healthcare business into a leader in the Health & Technology space. As part of this transformation we now have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Director to join our Home Clinical Monitoring business.
As the Technical Director your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Identifying technologies, both external and internal, that are aligned with the business goals of the Home Clinical Monitoring (HCM) business, part of the Emerging Businesses group of Philips.
· Managing the development/ integration of these new system and technologies in to HCM
· Managing the project leaders running the various work streams
· Delivering the programme on time and within budget
Working at Philips means driving your career in an organisation with an incredible diversity of nationalities, skills, backgrounds, functions and challenges. We have opportunities for graduates as well as experienced professionals in everything from applied research to marketing and sales in over 100 countries. We’re a fascinating company to be part of, with a strong emphasis on cultural awareness, mutual understanding and out-of-the-box thinking.
This role reports into a General Manager and and is responsible for a team of 4 people.
The Home Clinical Monitoring business is based at our site in Chichester, however this position will be remote based therefore the successful candidate can reside anywhere within the UK. This role will include frequent travel.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
• Access to private healthcare insurance
• Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
• Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
• Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
• The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
• Subsidised Café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site
• Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee with members in Guildford and Cambridge, promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park
We are looking for
· An experienced engineer / development life scientist who has developed products and services that were successfully approved by the FDA/ CE mark processes.
· Understanding of the complexities of product development in the regulated medical arena
· Experience in IVD and genomic/ molecular biology technologies
· Understanding algorithm development and clinical informatics
· Delivering programmes in the regulated medical device and diagnostics markets
· Proven experience in managing diverse technical teams, both within and outside the company
· Good leadership skills
· Excellent persuading and influencing skills
· Proof of agile and adaptable working approach
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org