ERBA Molecular is an innovative molecular diagnostics company applying its commercially validated proprietary technology in sample preparation, amplification and detection to produce novel workflow based solutions to reduce the complexity of molecular testing.
We are currently recruiting for a Development Scientist to be involved in our infectious disease and sample preparation development program.
If you have a degree or higher degree in a biological science and wish to have an opportunity to learn about cutting edge molecular diagnostic technologies we would like to hear from you. Working at ERBA Molecular you will have the opportunity to learn how the scientific team integrates the disciplines of bioinformatics, wet chemistry, assay design and optimisation. The team at ERBA Molecular combine those skills to develop easy to use robust assays within our highly efficient development cycle time.
Molecular Assay Development R&D
· Background literature reviews
· Primer screening
· Assay optimisation
· Transfer to Validation/Production
· Gel analysis & arrange sequencing of products
Sample Preparation R&D
· Protocol chemistry improvements
· Protocol workflow optimisation
· Run LAMP lyophilised assays
· Run PCR benchmarks
· Sample extraction benchmarks testing
· Sample management and processing (Sputum, Blood, Stool)
· Microbiology- organism handling
· New Consumable/Format testing
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree or higher degree in a biological science
· Proven capabilities in designing and planning experiments, problem solving and developing innovative and creative solutions to technical challenges
· A conscientious and meticulous approach to their laboratory work; working in a careful and safe way and following standard procedures as required
· Good numerical skills, an ability to record observations and measurements for sharing with colleagues
· Good verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate and interact effectively with colleagues at all levels
· Good time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
· Ability to work with standard IT packages, including Microsoft Excel and Word
Please send a CV and a covering letter to the address below, quoting reference DS-BV.
ERBA Molecular (Lumora Limited)
4 Bartholemews Walk
Cambridgeshire Business Park
CB7 4EA, UK
Or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 15th July 2016.
Direct applicants only – no agencies please.
Thank you for taking an interest in the career opportunities at ERBA Molecular; we are a successful and dynamic company that is always looking to add the right candidate to our team.