BIVDA had a very good meeting with Mr Sharma last week. After a discussion surrounding the input of BIVDA into the Innovation, Health and Wealth agenda, he tabled some PQs regarding its progress.
The response is, unsuprisingly at this stage, lacking much in the way of specifics but it is good to keep up the profile of this agenda. In the meantime, Mr Sharma, who sits on the Health Select Committee, has agreed to work alongside BIVDA in following the progress of Innovation, Health & Wealth.
Summary of the response is:
- Innovation, Health & Wealth is making good progress
- Stakeholders are being consulted re: diagnotics tariff
- The Specialised Services Commissioning Innovation Fund will be piloted in 2012-13, becoming fully operational from April 2013
Specialised Commissioning Innovation Fund
Mr Virendra Sharma: To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) when he expects the Specialised Commissioning Innovation Fund to begin operation;
(2) what budget he has allocated for the Specialised Commissioning Innovation Fund
(3) with reference to his Department's publication, Innovation, Health and Wealth, what progress he has made in the development of a National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence implementation collaborative;
(4) what progress he has made on the development of a tariff for diagnostic services.
Mr Simon Burns: ‘Innovation Health and Wealth: accelerating adoption and diffusion in the NHS’ was published on the 5 December. 2011 and we are making good progress on all recommendations.
Work is under way with a wide range of stakeholders to co-produce the diagnostics tariff, how the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence Implementation Collaborative will operate and the detailed operating arrangements, including the budget, for the Specialised Services Commissioning Innovation Fund. The Specialised Services Commissioning Innovation Fund will be piloted in 2012-13, becoming fully operational from April 2013.
Further information can be found here
Gemma Scotcher - 20th March 2012