Current jobs on this page
External Affairs Assistant
Opportunity for General Manager
BIVDA have an opening for a General Manager. This is a key position for the Association, supporting the Chief Executive with responsibility for membership facing activity such as working parties, day to day running of BIVDA and also recruiting and retaining members. The role is varied and, to some extent, additional activities will depend on the expertise of the successful candidate.
Basic personal requirements are:
- Credibility and ability to represent the industry at high level
- Commercial awareness and ability
- Thorough understanding of IVD sector in UK
- Enthusiasm and desire to be a strong part of a team delivering membership focused support
An attractive remunerations package will include 25 days holiday, pension contribution, optional private healthcare. The job is office based in bright, modern offices in central London.
A full job specification is available on request and the Chief Executive will be happy to discuss the role more fully in an informal phone call if desirable.
External Affairs Assistant
Location: Central London
Job Type: Full time/ permanent
Business Area: Public Affairs, Policy, Media & Communications
Application Deadline: 30.05.2017
Reference No: EAA17
The British In Vitro Diagnostics Association (BIVDA) is the national industry association for manufacturers and distributors of in vitro diagnostic tests. The role of BIVDA is to support the activities in the UK of its members and to campaign for a wider understanding of the value of diagnostic testing in healthcare. The office works routinely with politicians, NGOs and the media as part of its external activity. You can read more about who we are here www.bivda.co.uk
We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join us as External Affairs Assistant. You will work closely with the External Affairs Manager and the Chief Executive to support the goals of BIVDA.
- Support the External Affairs Manager and Chief Executive across public affairs, policy and communications
- Support the effective running of Member Working Parties, including the External Affairs Working Party
- Building strong relationships with the BIVDA membership and stakeholders
- Contribute to the website and social media campaigns
- Assisting with stakeholder mapping and maintaining a database of stakeholder engagement
- Contributing to BIVDA’s publications including the weekly members’ newsletter and stakeholder newsletter
- Lead on parliamentary and media monitoring
- Arranging meetings, drafting letters and general support to the Chief Executive as required
- General administrative support and other duties as required
- Educated to degree level, with a minimum 2:1 grade
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable interest in healthcare policy landscape
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work well with colleagues, members and stakeholders
- Positive and helpful attitude to work
- Attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to work flexibly when required
Location: BIVDA Headquarters, 299 Oxford Street (5th Floor), London, W1C 2DZ
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference Application EAA17 in the subject line.
Closing date 30 May 2017